Sunday, April 15, 2007

Week 9 - My very own "Facebook"

My goodness how time flies! I can't believe we have completed Week 9:Online Social Networks. This week we had 2 assignments - create an account on Facebook and explore MySpace. I did both. I set up a profile of myself, added a photo and tried to "make friends". It was really fun. I joined the Learning 2.0 @Mac group and I contacted 2 friends. Margaret actually communicated with me and I wrote back to her. I really enjoyed it. After I finish my blogging I will add Alex "my leader" as a friend - I hope he writes back.
I also explored MySpace but did not create a profile. I think MySpace is more liberating and more personable in that you can create your own style, colour background, add music and meet new people. In Facebook you only let people in with your permission - interesting - so they both serve slightly different purposes, but yet both are social networks. I still feel a little shy and timid about these activities so I will move slowly with making new friends, but I'm very pleased with my progress so far.
Thanks,
G.p.

1 comment:

Alex said...

You certainly do have more control over who you add, and what access people have to your personal information with facebook. I've never really taken much of an interest with myspace myself. congrats on finishing up the weeks assignments~