Sunday, April 29, 2007

Week 11 - Browser Tools

Can you believe its Week 11 already? I can and I can't. Some weeks its been a slow haul (Wikis) - and others (all the games) just whizzed by. I was sorry to hear and see that my leader Alex has left for new digs...(actually he's completing what he's suppose to)... nonetheless its a difficult parting especially since he was always there for me (he still will be electronically).

This week I downloaded Firefox on my system. Its a browser, but I was using Internet Explorer. I was able to download and install it (no problem, no technical assistance needed) and was thrilled to no end to see that all my Tags and Bookmarks just came over automatically - neat! There are so many Firefox add-ons I couldn't make up my mind but I did do one "WeatherBug" and its really great 'cause I see the temp automatically. I will add on more in the future. I visited the MORRIS bookmarklets page and installed subject keyword and title keyword. I then went to a web page, highlighted "blood type" and clicked on the subject keyword to perform the search. I got a lot of entries. It was neat! Thanks for letting us know about these techniques and tools for searching. On my part it will take a little practice and everyday usage to get completely comfortable with them, or to just remember I have them to use.

Always,
G.P.

1 comment:

Alex said...

super! that's it! The Mp3 players should be coming soon, and best of luck on the laptop draw!
a.