Monday, April 9, 2007

Fun Things To Explore

Hi everyone again - we finished Week 8 and the participants were assigned one or more activities to work on. They were "Online Applications & Tools". Amanda provided us with many choices, and I chose only 2 - RedKid.net and LastFM. The others sounded really great too - but it being Easter Weekend, I was really tight for time. We went out to families in Toronto on Good Friday and I had my side over for Easter Sunday dinner (sit down). Let me tell you I was more than tired - I was dead. Thats why I'm writing this Blog on Monday morning in my P.J.'s. I did explore these 2 activies last week but am only writing about them now. I first went to LastFM and was really impressed with how quickly I could receive (listen to) music. I had to sign on and typed in "The Fray"and I got their sound - I couldn't believe it - it was great. The site also provided me with other suggestions on other music stating "if you like this...then you'll like that etc. etc." It was really exciting and I will spend more time there. The next application I tried was RedKid.net which helped me create a really neat front page for my folder (binder) where I keep all my lessons. There is a beaver and I typed in "Learning 2.0@Mac Weekly Activities G.P.Lilly and then pressed "gnaw". It was really neat. As I mentioned above this was a super busy week and weekend for me and I would have liked to have done more and I will in the future. Thank you again for all the encouragement and support.

G.P.

3 comments:

Nice Guy said...

More Web 2.0 image/sign makers @ www.ImageGenerator.org (design your own buttons, banners, sigs, avatars, comics, logos, gags, e-cards, etc)

Alex said...

Looks like you've got a bot after you! agghhh!

Nice Guy said...

Who me? What bot is after who?