Sunday, March 25, 2007

What a Wonderful Week!!!

Hello Everyone,

Today, is marking the end of Week 6 of Emerging Technologies Group - what a week its been. Amanda has given us Week 6 and Week 7 to "catch up and explore". Some "Drop-In Sessions" were established led by the team leaders. This is for the benefit of the staff who are learning so we can drop-in and have our questions answered and continue to be encouraged to try out and use all the new tools. I had the good fortune to attend Tuesday's session and it just so happened that Alex my team leader was there. He was wonderful! I basically had a one on one tutorial with him. It was great. I needed to have my work checked from lesson one through to lesson 5. He reassured me that I was doing just fine and not to get stressed out about it. The activities aren't supposed to make us "anxious". He explained "Wikis" a little better and encouraged me to try Wetpaint instead of PBWiki which was more difficult - I will, but not today. My confidence was elevated after that and thank you very much for having those sessions. On Wednesday I attended Krista's intro to Second Life. It was very interesting. I did get a basic membership and I am "Huron Halasy". I am very frustrated however, because I only get to move a little before my computer crashes - oh well, I'll try later. Thanks again for a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Alex said...

thanks so much for the kind words! As for Second Life, yep, my computer can't handle it either - it has some pretty steep system requirements unfortunately. cheers,
a.